Air Mass will be a new show and album by award-winning artist Nick Russoniello
Blending audience-generated soundscapes, live-looping, sampling, multitrack recording, body percussion and physical gesture; Air Mass will intersect digital technology with performance art to imagine future possibilities of solo saxophone performance. Instrumental virtuosity, lyricism and groove will meet in a powerful audience experience. This digital deep dive will be presented across NSW 2025 and released as an album by Da Vinci Classics.
Nick has confirmed partners across state that are committed to presenting Air Mass. Air Mass will be performed in:
• The Blue Mountains in partnership with 100clicks Series
• Inverell in partnership with Inverell Music Appreciation Society
• Armidale in partnership with New England Conservatorium of Music
• Orange in partnership with Alianza Music
• Oberon in partnership with Malachi Gilmour Memorial Hall
• Gloucester in partnership with Gloucester Arts & Cultural Council Inc.
• Bowral in partnership with Highlands Music Collective
• Portland in partnership with The Foundations
• Gunnedah in partnership with Gunnedah Conservatorium of Music
• Wollongong in partnership with the Wollongong Conservatorium of Music
• Clifton in partnership with Clifton School of Arts
• Sydney in partnership with Phoenix Central Park
To find out how to bring Air Mass to your town get in touch with Nick: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can You Help?
You can make a tax-deductable donation to support the Air Mass project. Your donation will:
• Help to tour Air Mass right around NSW and then around the country. It will allow Air Mass to get to remote areas that don’t get enough live music performance.
• Allow Air Mass to be recorded so that it can be released as a broadcast quality album.
• Allow Air Mass to be filmed. High quality video demo is expensive but essential to securing more performances of a work.